OPERA Property Version 5.5 is moving from Premier Support to Sustaining Support at the end of October 2021. What does this mean for Hotels and what is the difference between Premier and Sustaining Support?
OPERA 5 Property is an enterprise level application that depends on a variety of technologies. For OPERA Property version 5.5, some of those technologies are reaching their end of lifecycle. While Oracle is continuing to make significant effort toward the goal of leaving OPERA Property version 5.5 in a good end state, customers who are currently receiving Premier Support for OPERA Property version 5.5 are advised to upgrade to OPERA Property version 5.6 in order to maintain Premier Support. Customers who choose not to upgrade to OPERA Property version 5.6 by November 1, 2021 will be transitioned to Sustaining Support for version 5.5 after that date.
Under the Sustaining Support model, Oracle customers can still contact support and receive assistance.
What is Oracle Sustaining Support?
Sustaining Support will be available after Premier Support expires. As program releases under Sustaining Support are no longer fully supported, information and skills regarding those releases may be limited. The availability of hardware systems to run such program releases may also be limited. Unless otherwise stated in this section, program releases eligible for Sustaining Support will receive Software
Update License & Support limited to the following:
- Program updates, fixes, security alerts, and critical patch updates created during Premier Support and Extended Support (if offered and only after the Extended Support period ends)
- Tax, legal, and regulatory updates (availability may vary by country and/or program) created during Premier Support and Extended Support (if offered and only after the Extended Support Period ends)
- Upgrade scripts (availability may vary by program) created during Premier Support and Extended Support (if offered and only after the Extended Support Period ends)
- Major product and technology releases, if and when made available at Oracle’s discretion, which may include general maintenance releases, selected functionality releases, and documentation updates
- Assistance with service requests, on a commercially reasonable basis, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week,
- Access to the customer support systems specified in the Web-Based Customer Support Systems section below (24 x 7 web-based customer support systems), including the ability to log service requests online, unless stated otherwise
- Non-technical customer service during normal business hours
Sustaining Support does not include:
- New program updates, fixes, security alerts, and critical patch updates
- New tax, legal, and regulatory updates
- New upgrade scripts
- Certification with new third party products/versions
- 24 hour commitment and response guidelines for Severity 1 service requests as defined in the Severity Level section below
- Previously released fixes or updates that Oracle no longer supports
Note: This information is correct at the creation of this article, Mastel Hospitality is not responsible for any updates or changes to the mentioned policies by Oracle Hospitality. For up-to-date information, please visit the Oracle Support Policy web page: https://www.oracle.com/support/policies.html
How to update Opera 5.5 to Opera 5.6?
Please contact our sales team for update options or explore special offers for Opera Cloud.